|Daylight Saving Time UpdateStarting in the spring of 2007, daylight saving time (DST) start and end dates for the United States will transition to comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. DST dates in the United States will start three weeks earlier (2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March) and will end one week later (2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November).Custom Business Solutions is providing customers with an automated utility to update their Point of Sale systems.Custom Business Solutions recommends customers apply this update immediately.|
|How to update the daylight saving time settingsThis update requires the following:
Important Before you make any changes, verify that the POSDRVR is mapped to drive letter L:. To verify this, go to My Computer and look for an icon called C on ‘POS’ (L:) , or C on ‘POSDRVR’ (L:), or C on ‘10.10.1.40’ (L:). If the L: drive is not mapped to any of these locations, please call support at (800) 551-7674 x1.
Open this page in Internet Explorer. The URL is easy to remember! www.cbsnorthstar.com/DSTUpdate
1. From the Backoffice computer, click on the following link: Tools. In the File Download dialog box, click Save As and save to desktop.
2. On the Desktop, double click on Tools. In the window that opens, find TZSetup and double click on the icon. In the following prompt, click “Extract All”. Select Desktop as your Destination. Click Extract.
3. On the Desktop, find TZSetup.exe (This may be in the newly created folder “Tools”, not zipped)s. Double click and “Extract All”. Extract EVERYTHING to the Desktop.
3. On the Desktop, double click on TZupdate shortcut. (You may find a folder on your Desktop named Documents and Settings. Double click. Double click on “All Users”, “Desktop”, then double click on TZUpdate)
4. Reboot each terminal in the system.