Position: Manager – Support Center
Reports to: Manager of Implementation and Support Services
Company: Custom Business Solutions, Inc.
Location: Irvine, CA / Dallas, Tx
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
The CBS Support Center Manager will lead the day-to-day operations of the Support Center team in supporting CBS’s customer base, sales team, development initiatives, and project management implementations. To provide hands-on leadership in day-to-day operations, by keeping the best interests of CBS and the client on the forefront of all daily operational activities within the Support Center.
Here are of some but not limited to the day-to-day responsibilities:
- Responsible for all activities in the Support Center; overseeing the day-to-day operations and execution.
- Provide leadership to the Support Center’s team; includes leading by example.
- Hiring and onboarding for all levels on the team
- Accountability for responsiveness, quality, and efficiency of all support services provided by the Support Center.
- Interact in the escalations for all customer issues and customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction at all levels of support, representing a person of authority, responding with a sense of urgency and empowerment to resolve the situation with consistency and extraordinary results.
- Ensure regular and impactful communications with internal and external organizations and customers to ensure effective product support and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical and customer service responses to our customers by implementing and using standardized case management, tracking processes, and tools.
- Present a positive outlook and attitude on all CBS products and Services.
- Use strong coaching skills as a means to ensure consistent and timely resolutions.
- Follow up on Support Center projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the Knowledge Manager is continually updated with current symptoms and solutions for technical inquiries and troubleshooting activities that enhance our response times and accuracy of solutions.
- Be able to help support analysts by organizing difficult cases and providing direction on challenging support issues.
- Manage the education process of the Support Center; identifying and developing training requirements, tools, and documentation.
- Determine reporting requirements and methodology to identify support trends and takes action to communicate and address; escalating to development and other departments when appropriate; including supporting documentation.
- Organize and lead Support Center employee staff meetings, sharing information and support scenarios.
- Convey clear expectations and hold people accountable for achieving goals, able to apply applicable corrective action as needed to redirect employees.
- Portray a complete understanding of the many roles and responsibilities within the Support Center; this person needs to demonstrate a high level of expertise in incident management. He/she will be required to manage multiple service level agreements that ultimately affect the satisfaction of our customers.
- Consistently demonstrates a sense of urgency and a high level of accountability.
- Excellent human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline, and reward employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, technical personnel, employees, and executive management.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to implement a process to improve the team and customer experience
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- A proven track record of participating in a support organization.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A minimum 5 years experience in support management, Help Desk Institute certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Moderate physical activity. May require physical effort including lifting up to 40 pounds and some extended periods of standing and walking
- Work is normally performed in some type of typical interior/office work environment but also can be remote
- Travel is required to make trips between offices in different states
- Salaried Position
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Full Details included in the contract
Performing these essential skill sets is paramount to the success of the Support Center Manager:
- Organization Leadership with a focus on customer service delivery
- Continuous learning and improvement
Along with those 3 skill sets, having these four core values in alignment with CBS is a must.